10 Aug Tidy Up: Using Your Technology to get organized
Here at Jolly Books we know life with kids gets messy quickly! I can’t tell you how many times a day I think, “I swear I just picked that up.” My dear friend wrote in her holiday letter that her slogan for the year was, “Excuse me! Do I look like a maid to you?”
So in honor of trying to tame the mess we have compiled a list of 15 ways to tidy up using your tech!
- Get rid of the DVD Cases—buy your movies on iTunes and enjoy them across all your devices with home sharing and Apple TV
- Get rid of the CD Cases—same as above
- Donwload the Apple TV Remote to your phone b/c you will lose that pesky little silver thing
- Purchase more ebooks
- Get rid of all your old tech—how many iPhones can you really use at once
- Use your online calendar
- Sync those calendars so you and the hottie tottie hubs can both be up-to-date with all the practices, parties and school events
- Checkout great apps like Evernote for your to do list
- Use a social media platform that allows you to post to all your accounts at once. Our favorite is Instagram of course!
- Delete apps you don’t use
- Organize your email (Gmail is the best for this b/c it does it for you)
- Ditch the filing cabinet and scan away the clutter
- Use the Cloud—not sure what to put in this ever elusive storage space? Start with a backup of everything you just scanned then add the family photos.
- Shred all that paper you just stored in your Cloud.
- Take photos of business cards, appointment notifcations, etc.—you won’t lose them and you can get them out of your wallet